Snow Leopard Tour
Track The Snow Leopard • Tibetan Wolf • Other Wildlife • Hemis National Park • Monastery •
Leh / Hemis National Park / Zingchen / Rumbak / Leh
Day 01: Leh (3400m)
Upon arrival at the Kushok Bakula airport in Leh, at an altitude of 3500m, Altitude Adventure representative will assist in transfer to the hotel..
Day 02: Leh (3400m)
Day 03: Drive to Zingchen and trek to Husing (2 hrs trekking)
Today we will begin our snow leopard expedition. Drive in to Zingchen from where the road ends and start hiking towards our snow leopard base camp which will be situated in Husing valley. The hike in takes only about an hour and a half, but in the winters there’s plenty of wildlife around and if you get lucky you’ll start spotting blue sheep on the walk in itself. Spend the day trekking and walking with your expert spotters on the trail of the snow leopard. Overnight in camp.
Day 04 – Day 06: Trek around Hemis National Park
You’ll spend these three days doing day hiked around Hemis National Park on the trail of the snow leopard. Your trackers will use their expertise to discover marking rocks, tracks, and scout the high ridges for the snow leopard. Depending on where the snow leopard is spotted, or based on reports from other groups or camps your trackers will decide which direction to head in that day. If there is a confirmed kill by a snow leopard, you will head each day to that area as the snow leopards are known to hang around their kill for a while so that other animals don’t steal it. Enjoy your time in this high altitude national park. Besides snow leopards you’ll also have opportunity to spot various animals that make up their prey-base such as blue sheep, ibex, marmots, and several times of birds that are only found in this part of the world such as lammergeirs, tit warblers, and many more. Overnight in camp.
Day 07: Return to Leh
Trek back to Zingchen, meet your car and come back to Leh to enjoy the comforts of your hotel after 4 nights of camping in Hemis National Park. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 08: Fly out
An altitude adventure representative will escort you to the airport for your flight out. Or else, speak to us about an extension tour to explore more of beautiful Ladakh.
For PREMIUM departure
Price: Rs 59,990
What is Included in Fees
- Trek fee (including Wildlife fees)
- Environmental fees
- Accommodations and ALL meals.
- Sightseeing on Day 2 (includes transport with driver)
- Transportation from Leh to the road head at Zingchen from where the trek starts.
- Vegetarian/ Non-veg meal during the trek. (your preference)
- Camping charges and permits.
- Sleeping bags and mats.
- Hot water bottle.
- Trek guide, staff, and cook.
- Emergency oxygen and first aid kit.
- Travel insurance
- Tips/ laundry and other expenses of a personal nature
- Personal expenses.
- Personal winter and trek requirements like jackets, sun glasses, gloves, and trekking poles.
- Personal porter
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the included list.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.
Start Point: Leh, Jammu & Kashmir
End Point: Leh, Jammu & Kashmir
Best Time: Jan- April